Sunday, July 20, 2014

COLLEGE!

So, I noticed that I didn't talk much about college life so far. College. Just another stage in life. But it doesn't seem to differ much from high school. Good news is that we are not forced to wear the same ol' UNIFORMS but bad news is that we have to think of a different outfit to wear every day (although you can actually wear the same thing every day).

The college timetable is also a little different from high school's as we have extra long breaks and the break time is different every day. I'm currently taking Cambridge A-Level and i have 6 hours of class for each subject every week. And i'm taking four subjects, so that's 24 hours of class a week. Sometimes my classes end early, but usually quite late (4pm or 5pm) Wednesday is my favourite because my class ends at 1pm! It used to end at 11am until my accounts class on Friday was permanently shifted to Wednesday. I have to stick to this timetable for the whole semester! (6 months) 

People say A Level is tough but i haven't really experienced the stressful part yet so i'm still doing o-kay. Though i am not quite happy with my test results so far :( i need to work harder! 

There are extracurricular activities that we can join in college too. But unlike high school where it is compulsory to join 3 clubs, it is not compulsory at all in college and we can join as many clubs as we want as long as we can handle it. I joined ALSTAR (A Level Student Ambassadors) and the Explore program, which is a program specially for pre-u students to develop soft skills. As i am a scholar, i am eligible to join for free. I got a free Sunway t-shirt too!

Some people have the perception that friendships in high school won't be able to last when you're in college if you're in a different college, course or maybe even class. Actually it all depends on the person. If you're the kind who would still keep in contact with old friends, you'll certainly be able to stay close or maybe even closer to them. Otherwise, it's gonna be tough.

I'm having a tough time starting my personal statement for UK uni application. I don't know what to write about myself. Worst part is the deadline is in October and it's already mid July. I've got my mocks in September so I need to finish it before then.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment